WordPress Site Search
- Every word is sacred; free speech, again.
- Yes, yes, yes! Why you should vote for Scottish Independence.
- 12 Angry Men; the importance of debate.
- Don’t leave me hanging on the telephone; Craighouse call-in.
- Asking the wrong questions; Brendan Eich, boycotts & freedom of speech.
- A question of principle; Edinburgh Napier University’s Principal, Dame Joan Stringer, issues press release on Craighouse.
- In Defens; voices resolute in opposition to new build at Craighouse.
- Promise me this; manifestos for the Edinburgh local Council elections 2012.
- Pistols at nightfall; Wikipedia blackout and shelving of SOPA.
- Watch yer language; David Cameron compares Ed Miliband to someone with Tourette’s.
TagsAberdeen annual median salary art 6 art 8 BBC big society censorship court order craighouse cuts daniel moylan david cameron decree domain domain suspension due process echr fair trial fitwatch forward intelligence teams freedom of speech Fukushima Daiichi human right act in it together Japan joinyourpeople justhost london evening standard mental ill-health mental illness millbank millbank protest milliband national statistics Nominet Nuclear police private and family life protest Radiation Radiation Exposure reasonable grounds schizophrenia scottish independence Sievert
Monthly Archives: September 2014
I am voting Yes on Thursday. Here’s why: Scotland’s voters have precious little influence over what party is in government at Westminster. In 2010, we returned one lone Tory MP yet have been subjected to a Tory government. In 1979, 1983, … Continue reading
At the moment, the Scottish Referendum debate is in full swing. It is both exciting and frightening: we have I think 97% voter registration in the midst of stark divisions, even between friends and family. I have heard people say … Continue reading
In our modern world, hardly a day passes in which we are not made aware of yet another instance of corruption by the powerful, abuse of the vulnerable, adverse influence of corporate lobbyists, or just outright failure of the democratic tradition. It … Continue reading